Thursday, October 4, 2007

You can't pick your family, but you can pick your friends

There's a reason why you CAN'T pick your family - quite frankly, if you could there would be a lot of them that wouldn't be included!
I'm going to go on a little rant....Since Brian and I moved away from home (Indianapolis area) we have made EVERY effort to attend family functions. I can't even begin to count the many times we have traveled to Indy for things - and we really don't even think twice about it. Why, then, is it so freakin hard for other family members to return the favor. There's only one time a year in which I ask family to come up to our house - that's for Miss O's birthday party. You'd think we lived across country, but it's only a 2 to 2 1/2 hour drive! What's worse? Miss O's party is on Saturday - that's two days away - and some of my family has told my mom that they are not coming, but I have yet to hear from them - last I heard they were coming, you'd think they could at least call if the plans changed.
Quite frankly I could care less to have them here bitching the whole time, so they can just keep their rude and inconsiderate asses in Indy. I'd much rather enjoy the day with family who really cares and friends who we consider to be our adopted family. Never again will I go out of my way to make another one of their functions - you can count me out!!
Okay, I feel much better now!
I'm very excited for O's party, it's really coming together and it's going to be so cute. I'll post pictures and tell you all about it after the party on Saturday.
BTW thanks to all my family members who ARE coming - I know it's a bit of an inconvenience to drive 2 1/2 hours for a birthday party, but we really appreciate it and you are making a little girl very happy!

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Soooo, what's the theme for this one?
Sorry about the family crap. That totally sucks! I hope you have a great day anyway!

Love said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.