Sunday, October 28, 2007

Don't cry over spilled Diet Coke

I must confess, I almost did...twice! What is my deal lately with Diet Coke? It all started with my friend Aimee's post.
Yesterday I ran out to get something for dinner for Miss O and the babysitter. As I was out, I decided to run through McDonald's to get a diet coke. It was a very uneventful trip through the drive through this time. I had taken a couple of drinks out of it before I got home. I start walking through the front door and the cup slips out of my hand and goes all over the front porch, door, door jam, tile entry way...I could have cried! Fast forward several hours...Brian and I were in the city on a date for our anniversary. We went to the movies and got a HUGE diet coke. We didn't even drink half of it by the time the movie was over. We're leaving and I was getting ready to grab the drink from the cup holder when my purse knocked into it and it tumbled to the ground spilling every last drop. I started to cry out, but thankfully realized how ridiculous that would have been to cry over a diet coke in the middle of a packed movie theatre.

1 comment:

Aimee said...

That's hilarious! Well, not really. I probably would have cried too, or at least said a few choice words! :)