Friday, October 19, 2007

Wrong Rx Dosage

No wonder I didn't end up pregnant last month - Walgreen's filled the wrong dosage for me! I have taken 50 mg of Clomid in the past and I have not ovulated on it so last month my midwife wrote out a script for 100 mg of Clomid once a day. Well, Clomid only comes in 50 mg increments and the pharmacist who filled my script wasn't smart enough to know that I would have to take 2 of the 50 mg in order to get the write dosage that my midwife had prescribed. It's a good thing that this wasn't a medication I depend on for a life threatening illness! I was pretty irate in the pharmacy today so the pharmacist gave me my script for free - Woo Whoo, a big whopping $5! The more I think about it the more pissed I get - that's just ridiculous! I mean it's bad enough that I have to deal with the infertility problems, but then for the pharmacy to make a mistake that cost me yet another month just makes me really upset. Maybe I'm just exaggerating it because I'm emotionally involved, what do you think?

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Okay, pardon me but WTF! Sorry. But that totally sucks!
I'm glad you figured it out now so here's hoping for next month!!

Jen said...

I had that happen with my VICODIN! After being higher than a kite for 3 days and calling my doc for more drugs, we figured it out. I was supposed to take 1 every 4-6 hours. I was taking 2 every 4 hours. Just call me Brett Farve.