Saturday, October 27, 2007

Happy Anniversary

Six years ago, I married my friend and we are living happily ever after.

I Shawnie, receive you Brian as my husband.
May we love one another with constancy,
live joyously, laugh freely and
support our marriage through the trials and triumphs to come.
As husband and wife,
we will remember the delight that we have discovered in each other's company
and accept the discoveries and treasures of growing older together.
In taking you as my husband, I am accepting one of God's greatest gifts to me.
I promise to be true to you and I will cherish you always as I do today.



We had no idea what kind of trials and triumphs we would face, but with God's grace we were able to support each other through some really hard times. I am sure there will be many more to come and I couldn't imagine facing these trials and triumphs with anyone other than my husband. I look forward to all the good times ahead of us and I'm honored to grow old with such a great man...he really is one of God's greatest gifts!
My dad didn't necessarily think he was a great gift!
Especially after he, in true Brian Barnett fashion, grabbed my ass in front of the entire church as he kissed his bride - actually, the pastor didn't say, Brian you may now kiss you bride. Brian wasn't able to make it to the meeting with the pastor to finalize all the wedding plans, so we decided to change things up a bit. The pastor said, "Shawnie, you may now kiss the groom!"
And we drove off in Brian's '92 mustang. And yes, that is smoke you see in the picture because Brian had to take off sideways from the church scaring everyone to death!
So, for our anniversary, we hired our 1st babysitter - yes I said FIRST babysitter. Thanks to the Lampens for their awesome training of Amanda over the past several years. We went into Chicago and ate at the India House and then went to a movie. We had a great time. I just love being in the city...I love living in Indiana, but I miss Chicago, especially when I am there. We got back home around midnight and low and behold, Olivia survived a babysitter!! Amanda did a great job and Olivia had fun with her. We will definitely have to do this more often!

Happy Anniversary honey, I love you.

1 comment:

Megan said...

Ok, so I thought that the title was funny because it said "I married my friend" and not "my best friend." Hehe. The pics are gorgeous. I'm not used to you with lite hair!! But you look good with lite or dark!!