Friday, March 7, 2008

8.5 hours and counting

I woke up singing this song and can't stop
Oh what a beautiful morning,
Oh what a beautiful day,
I've got a wonderful feeling,
Every thing's going my way.
Why you ask? Because today is such a beautiful day. In about 8.5 hours Leenie, Megzy and myself will be loading up my car for a weekend get-away.
Destination: Schaumburg, IL - wish I could say somewhere warm
Trip details: Marriott, The Container Store, piano bar, uninterrupted sleep, Woodfield Mall, Cheesecake Factory, Asha spa for a St Patricks Irish Coffee Pedicure, dinner, movie, more uninterrupted sleep, more shopping!!!
I'll miss my little princess dearly, but this is such a needed and deserved trip - I figure I will come back feeling refreshed which will make me a better mother. Plus, her awesome daddy has a great weekend planned for her, including a trip to the American Girl Place (any daddy who would take his daughter to that place on a Saturday is an awesome daddy) and making Green Eggs and Ham! I think daddy/daughter time is SO important - that's why I planned this trip :-) hahaha!
I'll miss my honey too, but next weekend is our weekend! We are going to a Marriage retreat Friday, Saturday and Sunday - he even arranged hotel accommodations - we'll be gone all weekend!
Oh what a beautiful morning,
Oh what a beautiful day,
I've got a wonderful feeling,
Every thing's going my way.

2 comments:

Aimee said...

I'm jealous. Sounds like you guys are going to have an AWESOME time! Have fun, and I'll be thinking of you getting your pedicure while I'm covering for you in the nursery on Sunday! ha ha!

Oh, and Brian is INCREDIBLE for taking Olivia to AG. I can't even get Ryan to go to the grocery store, let alone a doll store! :)

mommy to an angel said...

oh, Aimee, I meant to thank you in the post - thank you so much Aimee for your willingness to step up and work nursery for me - YTB, you're the best!!! Last week wasn't too bad - we had a lot of kids, but they were pretty good.