Friday, December 19, 2008

Making sugar cookies with Olivia

It's that time of year again!! Here's some pics of Olivia and I making Christmas cookies.


She managed to make quite the mess!!
When Olivia started icing her she told me that her candy cane was going to be so beautiful that I wouldn't even believe my eyes! She was right!!
She asked if she could try a bite of her finished cookies - after tasting she said, "they're actually pretty good"
Here's her finished product
...and here's mine.







She told me that my cookies look pretty, but the best kind of cookies are the messy ones and that's why she likes to make hers messy - I must admit, she's absolutely right!!

4 comments:

Leenie said...

I think Jack wants a bite of those cookies---so do I.. Especially Olivia's--love the frosting, it's the best part

On Stage said...

Love the pictures and the cookies! You must have a lot of patience... way more than I do!

mommy to an angel said...

I don't have much patience at all, that's why you see her making her own stuff! I love love love making my Christmas sugar cookies and if I don't start her off with her own stuff to play with then she doesn't leave me alone. So I give her a limit on how many she can make, let her pick the shapes, color of icing and sprinkles and give her her own space to work in and when she's done, she's done and she can't bother me anymore! I also do a lot of my icing after the kids are in bed! AND Olivia has to clean up any mess that she makes, so it's really not too bad.

Leenie, I took all the cookies that I made to my midwife and her nurse yesterday, but I'll be making more and I'll be sure to give you some - even your very own Santa to french kiss!

Anonymous said...

Amazing, as always!