Thursday, July 24, 2008

update

A few quick updates...
My grandma's funeral was an incredible experience. In all honesty, she couldn't have planned it better herself. Like I said before, my grandma LOVED to sing. Since she was about 4 she would get up on any stage and sing her heart out at a moments notice. She was a ham and loved to perform. Well, would you believe that we found a whole stash of recordings of her. My brother took all the recordings to his church and they were able to put them all on CDs for the family to have AND we played them during her viewing and we picked two for the actual funeral - YEP, she got to sing for her own funeral! The funeral was a celebration of her life. We laughed and we cried, but mostly we rejoiced that she is where she wanted to be.

I'm exhausted this week! It's VBS time at our church this week. I volunteer for the snack part of VBS and spend from 4:30 to 8:30 on my feet (with a few breaks here and there) eating and serving food! I'm tired, sore and cranky, but tonight is the last night!! I could say, "I'm just not coming tonight." but honestly, I don't mind it.

Finally, the baby! The baby is doing great and my dr appointments have been going good. On Tuesday I had a NST and an appointment with my midwife. I had my group B strep test and my midwife checked me just to see where we are. I thought this was pretty stupid being that I'm expecting to go past my due date - I don't have a great history of progressing quickly! I was so shocked when she announced that I was 1 cm AND 50% effaced!!! All of the sudden, this baby became a reality! OMG WE'RE HAVING A BABY!!!! WE ARE ACTUALLY GOING TO HAVE A BABY! So I was awake Tuesday night worrying about all the things that need to get done before the baby arrives. Can you ever be ready for a baby? I mean there's always something that you need/want, right? I figure we'll be ready sometime by the 1st birthday!

3 comments:

Linda said...

That's right, you're never ready. Brian needs to take you shopping this weekend to buy a few things. That would be fun. Then you would feel like your "getting" ready!:)
Love

mommy to an angel said...

who needs Brian? I took mtself shopping today!! I got a take-home outfit and blanket for a boy and one for a girl, neutral onesies, neutral burp clothes, pacifiers for a boy and girl and some nursing bras. I feel a little better!

Megan said...

I bet that was kind of a comforting worry...The "OMG I'm having a baby" worry!! I am so excited for you. There is nothing like holding your new baby for the first time!!!