Tuesday, June 24, 2008

While the princess is away, mom will play...

or nest!

Olivia went to Indy with my parents on Sunday to spend a couple nights. You would think that I would have spent the time resting and watching my favorite tv shows that I never get to watch when Olivia is home, but instead I was nesting! I decided to tackle the nursery! This is what it looked like before.

The closet and baby bed were so full of Olivia's old clothes that we didn't have room for anything for the new baby. I bought some space bags and this is what it looks like now!

Now we just need to paint :-) We're having a hard time agreeing on what to do with the nursery. We decided I would pick out the girl bedding and Brian would pick out the boy bedding - we would buy the crib sheet for each and paint the nursery a shade of blue that would match both...simple right? Well, Brian doesn't like any of the Pottery Barn bedding I had picked out with the same color of blue that was in all the girl bedding I picked out. Instead he picked out something else with a dark blue and he only wants to paint the bottom half of the walls blue - NOT AT ALL WHAT I HAD IN MIND!!! So, who knows what we'll do now. Brian wants to wait until the baby is here - actually he wants me to just take a peak at one of the ultrasounds I have scheduled every week until the baby is born, but that isn't going to happen. So, it looks as if the nursery is just going to stay the way it is until the baby has arrived :-( We'll go ahead and pick out bedding for both a boy and a girl and pick paint and everything else so that when the baby gets here we'll be ready to HIRE someone to come in and paint the room - we're not even going to attempt to say that this is something WE will do with a newborn and a 3 year old in the house!! The baby will be subject to paint fumes, but this is what daddy wants ;-) Just kidding - just trying to throw some guilt in there so that I can get the nursery done now!!


I've enjoyed the quiet time I've had for the past couple of days, but I must admit that I do miss my little princess. I didn't miss being woken up with her "cock-a-doodle-doo" that she yells in my face every morning, but instead I was awoken by some stupid airplane doing stunts over our neighborhood! I missed her the most at night when I'd climb the stairs to go to bed and her door would be wide open and her room would be empty. I got a little lonely mid-day yesterday when I had no company all day, but it was a breeze going through the grocery store all by myself! It was a nice break, but I'll be glad to have her back home today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anytime you have that "lost" feeling, DIAL MY NUMBER! I've got three boys who will chase that feeling right away. They're available anytime...day or night.

Megan said...

Don't peek now!! You've come way to far to peek!! Oh yeah, I heard the plane too......I thought it was that crop duster that does the corn field over behind you.