Tuesday, February 5, 2008

My latest sweet treat creations

The past two weekends I have been busy in the kitchen making cakes. First I made a cake for Aaron's baptism














I wasn't too pleased with how it turned out...I think that it was just too plain, but there's not much you can do with a baptism cake and I stink at writing with icing, but Leenie gave me some advice so I tried it out on my next cake which was for the superbowl party that was at Leenie's house. I used her advice on writing and I think that it turned out much better.













What was the advice? Write in cursive - who knew it could be so simple?!?

I really enjoy decorating cakes - it seems to take me all day, but I love it!

8 comments:

mommy24 said...

I love having talented friends!!! You do amazing work...I'll support the bakery when it opens:)

Leenie said...

THEY LOOK AWESOME AND TASTE JUST AS GOOD AS THEY LOOK!

Anne said...

Yummo! We are making up special occasions just so we can ask you to make a cake!!

Megan said...

You aint got nothin on my getto bunny cake sista!!

mommy to an angel said...

Is there another bunny cake cookoff in order for Easter?

Carole said...

Those cakes look awesome. Cursive or not...I don't stand a chance of a cake turning out that fabulous!
~Carole
http://accordingtocarole.blogspot.com

Mommy Brain said...

I call a Bunny Cake Cook Off!!!! I'll contact Bobby Flay, you guys do the rest k?

mommy to an angel said...

Bring it on Bobby - you got nothing! Just kidding - NEVER!!!