Friday, February 15, 2008

Another peak

I saw my perinatologist, Dr Ismail, yesterday and he wanted to do yet another ultrasound. The doctor was in the room during the ultrasound which was awesome. I didn't have to wait on answers or wonder what the tech was doing and I could follow most of the things that the doctor and the tech were talking about and when I didn't understand I just asked and they filled me in. They took some quick measurments, but were mostly concerned with measuring the empty sac and comparing it to the measurements that were taken last month and to the level 2 ultrasound I'll have done in 8 weeks. The doctor said that everything looks great and reassured me that everything was going to be good. He brought up how I've made it further than my past two pregnancies so that's a big hurdle that's out of the way. He went through all my bloodwork again and really feels like we have left no leaf unturned and that there are no red flags. He told me that I'm going to be seeing a lot of him and my midwife and he's not going to leave me alone. He said by the end of this pregnancy, I'll be very sick of him and my midwife - I told him I was glad to hear that! The only bad thing is that the ultrasound tech was trying to get a view of the baby's neck and the baby wouldn't cooperate. She was pushing extrememly hard and I am very very sore today - I feel like an elephant has trampled my stomach!
So, I will see my midwife in 4 weeks and then in 8 weeks I'll see my midwife and Dr Ismail - I'll have the level 2 ultrasound with Dr Ismail at this appointment. Then starting at 26 weeks they will start increased surveillance of the baby. I will start going in every 2 weeks for my appointments, but will also have non-stress tests each week. To some it might seem like such a hassle, but I'm actually looking forward to all the visits and all the checks on the baby - I know that it will be so reassuring to see so much of the baby and hear the heartbeat...it's exactly what I want!

Thanks again for all your prayers - I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy to hear that everything is going great. Having the support of your doctor and midwife is so important, it's great you found two great people to take good care of you and your baby!