Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year

Wishing you a blessed 2009!

I'm making the same New Year's Resolution this year that I have made for the last 10+ years - surprise - surprise!!!! I'm going to lose weight and get healthy - this probably comes as a huge shocker, right? This is the first year that I will be doing this with the help of a personal trainer who kicks my butt twice a week along with a few of my closest girlfriends. I am hoping that these additions will help me stick with it this year!
If you recall, I did a biggest loser challenge with my family this holiday season. My parents and one of my brothers were the only ones brave enough to tackle this during the holidays. We weighed in on Thanksgiving and then again on Christmas Eve. I worked my butt off - literately!! I lost 8 pounds between Thanksgiving and Christmas and won the challenge walking away with $140!!! I happened to gain back 4 pounds between Christmas and New Years, but it's a new year and I'm back on track now! I've never come out of the holiday season weighing less than I did before Thanksgiving so I still pat myself on the back even though I gained half of it back.

I have also made a resolution to read my bible more, bite my tongue more, be a little more patient with my children, be more open with my husband and show him often that I love him and appreciate him and all that he does.

What are some of the resolutions that you made this year?

1 comment:

ReeRee said...

Props to you for losing weight during the most difficult time of year. I admire your tenacity.

My resolutions are the same: read the bible every day, be a better wife, and lose weight(big suprise there!). Hopefully the personal trainer and being accountable to you all will help with that. I would love to look good in a bathing suit by the N.C. trip.