Saturday, January 12, 2008

Very Hungry Caterpillar

We took Olivia to Governors State University for The Very Hungry Caterpillar and Other Eric Carle's Favorites presentation using black light puppetry performed by the Mermaid Theatre of Nova Scotia. It was AMAZING!!
They performed


The entire stage set and all the puppets was painted with colorful paint that came to life with black lights. After the show the two performers and the stage manager came out and showed us how they did the entire show. The two performers were dressed from head to toe in black clothes so that you couldn't see them. There was so much going on stage, it's hard to believe that there were only two performers. I searched all over to try to find some video of the play so that I could post it on my blog, but the only thing I could find was a very short advertisement - I'm telling you though, this doesn't do it justice! If you ever get the opportunity to take you kids to this you HAVE to go.

No comments: