Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Update

Okay, I posted the last blog entry from the dr office with my IPhone so I couldn't type a lot, but here's the update.

Okay, so everyone was thinking there were two - well, that's kind of accurate being that there were two sacs, one was empty and one contained a healthy looking peanut with a very good heartbeat that we got to see AND hear! Why the other sac? Noone really can tell. It could be a vanishing twin or just an extra sac that formed. My midwife said that if they did an ultrasound of every pregnant mom at the same stage you would probably see this in about 60% of all pregnancies. There is also some implantation bleeding that is showing up. Both of these things will probably just be reabsorbed into my body or I could have some slight spotting fromt he implantation bleeding.

I am 8 weeks and my due date is August 26th.

Thanks for all your prayers and support.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

YYYYIIIIPPPPEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! One step up the ladder! So happy that it was good news!

Anonymous said...

WHOOOOOOOOOO-HOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
I am so happy for you guys. God is so good. This is going to be a great year :)
Tell Brian I said Congrats on the good news!!!!

Aimee said...

What awesome news! I bet it was very comforting to hear/see that little heartbeat!

Megan said...

Awesome!!! I am so glad that the first hurdle is over for you guys....congrats:)

Leenie said...

This calls for a celebration dinner---like steak--oh wait we did that already:)