Sunday, December 2, 2007

My poor pathetic tree!

You guys didn't believe me when I said how pathetic my tree looked, did you? Well, I had some friends over for dinner tonight and I overhear a conversation where Megan's son is saying something like the tree is nice, but it's so tiny....I came a little closer and holding back the tears I said, "What did you say?"
Reece: (holding up his hands really close together to imply small) well, it's weally small!
me: (sobbing)
My tree is even small to a 5 year old! I know, I should be thankful that I even have tree. I am, I'm thankful that it's beautifully decorated and that I have a house to put it in and that I have electricity to run the lights...I am thankful for my pathetic tree! (Sigh)

4 comments:

Leenie said...

BUT THE DECORATIONS HIDE THE SKINNY TREE SO BEAUTIFULLY! They are so lovely and dazzling that the skinny tree makes no difference. OH and the love that went into decorating it, you can't beat that.

(Oh, by the way, I asked Brian if I could take ya shopping the day after christmas to get a new one cheap:) ) Then next year- you'll be all the envy of the neighborhood.

Megan said...

I thought your tree was beautiful!!! The ornaments are so pretty too....you should see my moms tree...it is falling apart so bad, we had to rig it just to get it to stand up!!

mommy to an angel said...

I had to use paper clips to wire some branches on that were falling off - it's not just that it's skinny, it's falling apart too!

Leenie said...

BEAUTY IS IN THE EYE OF THE BEHOLDER!