Thursday, March 4, 2010

play-dough

Once I got over my fear of play-dough colors mixing, I have found that it's okay for our house.  I used to hate the stuff.  I hated the colors being mixed so I'd watch over Olivia like a hawk and swoop in whenever 2 colors got close to each other.  
Olivia has a blast making stuff - it's a little more fun to create stuff when you can use more than one color!  She also likes to discover what you get when you mix two colors together.  When Jack's not eating it (we have some homemade kind that is safe) he is imitating his big sister and trying to make what she is making.
Olivia was making dinosaurs with the play-dough on this particular day


Jack showing off his creation

Olivia showing off her creation - a triceratops


age 2+ is just a recommendation, right?

Trying to take a picture of Jack when a triceratops walked into the frame

All of Olivia's dinosaur creations

Then there's the clean-up!  This is another reason why I used to hate play-dough, but I have discovered that now that there are two kids in the house, the kitchen floor needs swept everyday anyway and I can always get some "help".  Here Jack helps with clean-up.

1 comment:

Megan said...

I am not a fan of colors mixing either!! I say just buy silly putty....it only comes in one color! lol